用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:【中英阅读】吸烟可永久改变基因

字体:    回复
【中英阅读】吸烟可永久改变基因
clipbox(2016/12/16 0:48:42)  点击:48798  回复:0  IP:117.* * *
Smoking leaves an "archaeological record" of the hundreds of DNA mutations it causes, scientists have discovered.
科学家研究发现,吸烟会导致DNA突变,给人留下数百种基因突变的“永久记录”。

Having sequenced thousands of tumour genomes, they found a 20-a-day smoker would rack up an average of 150 mutations in every lung cell each year.
在对数千个肿瘤基因组进行测序后,科学家发现每天吸烟20支的人每年每个肺细胞累积平均有150个基因突变。

The changes are permanent, and persist even if someone gives up smoking.
这些突变是永久且持续的,即使吸烟者戒烟也不可逆。

Researchers say analysing tumour DNA may help explain the underlying causes of other cancers.
研究人员说,分析肿瘤DNA能帮助解释其他癌症的深层原因。

Pamela Pugh, 69, was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2013. She started smoking aged 17 and quit in her early 50s.
69岁的帕梅拉-皮尤2013年被诊断患有肺癌。她自17岁开始吸烟,近50岁时戒烟。

But she said: "Even though I gave up many years ago, the effects of smoking caught up with me.
但她说:“尽管我很多年前就戒烟了,但吸烟的影响一直在。”

"Had I known as a teenager that smoking caused mutations which would stay with me for life then I would never had started".
“如果年轻时我知道吸烟导致的基因突变一生都会跟随着我,那么我绝不会开始吸烟。”

The study, in the journal Science, was carried out by an international group, including the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute in Cambridgeshire and the Los Alamos National Laboratory in New Mexico.
这项研究发表在《科学》期刊上,由一个国际研究组研究得出,包括英国剑桥郡的基金会桑格研究院,以及美国新墨西哥州的洛斯阿拉莫斯国家实验室。

The analysis shows a direct link between the number of cigarettes smoked in a lifetime and the number of mutations in tumour DNA.
研究显示,人一生中吸烟的总数量和肿瘤DNA变异的数量之间存在直接关系。

The authors found that, on average, smoking a packet of cigarettes a day led to:
研究作者发现,平均来讲,每天吸一包烟会导致:

150 mutations in each lung cell every year
每年每个肺部细胞中有150个基因突变。

97 in the larynx or voice box
喉部或喉头97个突变

23 in the mouth
口腔部位23个突变

18 in the bladder
膀胱18个突变

six in the liver
肝脏6个突变

Joint lead author Prof Sir Mike Stratton, from the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, said: "The more mutations there are, the higher the chance that these will occur in the key genes that we call cancer genes, which convert a normal cell into a cancer cell."
研究报告的合作主创者、来自基金会桑格研究院的迈克-斯特拉顿教授说:“突变越多,关键基因,也就是我们所说的癌症基因发生突变的几率也就越大,这会将正常细胞转变为癌细胞。”

There are 35,000 deaths a year in the UK from lung cancer, and it is estimated that nine out of 10 cases are preventable.
英国每年有3.5万人死于癌症,据估计其中九成可以预防。

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:【中英阅读】吸烟可永久改变基因
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找