用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:【中英阅读】畅游安大略5座博物馆

字体:    回复
【中英阅读】畅游安大略5座博物馆
86scot(2016/1/4 14:27:12)  点击:51304  回复:0  IP:116.* * *
The chronology of Canada extends long before we Canadians came and microwaved it all with the depressing advances of civilization ever since. Many museums acrossthe country chronicle this shuffling step from the untapped environment to the urbandominion over nature. Some go beyond the 49th parallel – known colloquially as the geographic boundary of Canada and the US – and report onthe history of the world.

Here are five of the best museums in Ontario. Each one is a testament to how high we’ve risen and how low we can go. In short, they’re a must-see.

加国这片土地的历史,早在我们加拿大人民带着先进的文明“光临”,令人惆怅地将土著文明“微波烹调”一番之前就已展开。许多国家博物馆记载了加拿大从一片处女之地蹒跚步履,战胜自然向城市文明转变的过程。其中一些甚至超越了我们俗称的北纬49度线——也即加拿大和美国的地理分界线——同时记录讲述世界历史。

接下里,我们就来介绍安大略最棒的5大博物馆。它们的每一座都是这个国家兴衰沉浮的见证。闲言略去,它们每个都是必访之选。

THE ROYAL ONTARIO MUSEUM (ROM)/皇家安大略博物馆(ROM)

Thoughthe architecture resembles a green house after a fire, the ROM is Canada’sforemost museum. Housing over six million items, including a fullyreconstructed T-rex, Yaun Dynasty artefacts, Egyptian mummies, and new advancesin science, the ROM squeezes the wonders of the world within its walls. Thedisplays are often interactive. The exhibitions are poignant, well-curated, anddiverse. And every Friday sees the museum being turned into a club, where youcan practice evolutionary bragging and clink your glass against a T-Rex.

虽然博物馆外观酷似烈火后的温室,ROM可是加拿大最早的博物馆。馆内陈列超过600万件馆藏,其中包括一个完整重建的霸王龙,元朝古文物,埃及木乃伊和一些科学新发现,ROM包揽世界各大奇迹镶嵌在馆内墙壁之间。一般馆内展示均具有互动性。馆藏陈列件件珠玑,保存完好,同时类型多样丰富。此外,每周五可是玩乐博物馆时间,你可以练练手讲述人类进化历史,透过放大镜端详那只霸王龙。
THE CANADIAN CANOE MUSEUM (CCM)/加拿大独木舟博物馆(CCM)

There wouldn’t be Canada without canoes, and the Canadian Canoe Museum explores thecharacteristically northern allure of Canada. Focussing on First Nations influence, early explorers’ experimentation, and a thousand-plus differenttypes of canoes, the CCM allows visitors to experience Canada’s unique craft.Build a birch canoe. Listen to a Mi’kmaq wigam creation story. And wish thatyou were in a river, touring the museum through a canoe.

没有独木舟,就没有我加国,加拿大独木舟博物馆就带我们探索了来自加国北方的诱惑。CCM展示了加拿大独一无二的手工传奇,馆藏独木舟集中展现加拿大第一民族(译者注:第一民族是最早生活于加拿大的土著)的影响,早期探险者的试验和1000余种不同种类的独木舟。在这里,自己建一条桦木独木舟;聆听加拿大土著部落Mi’kmaqwigam的造舟故事;然后只愿自己如在河中,乘一叶独木舟畅游博物馆。

CANADIAN WARPLANEHERITAGE MUSEUM/加拿大战机遗产博物馆

When I was 12, I entered the Canadian Warplane Heritage for the first time. Myreview of it still stands, though: wow.

Locatedbesides John C. Munro International Airport in Hamilton, the museum isrocket-fuel for any level of historian, aviation enthusiast, and person who likes things that go fast (which means, everyone). While the collection houses many exhibitions, displays, and virtual simulators to keep a visitor entertained, the planes are the stars in the sky. Many of them are in workingorder. In fact, the museum has one of the two airworthy Lancasters in the world. The blast of the engine is reason enough to go.

在我12岁的时候,我第一次走进加拿大战机遗产博物馆。虽然现在我的点评依然如旧:哇哦!

这座博物馆位于汉密尔顿蒙罗国际机场旁,绝对称得上是任何级别的历史学家、飞行爱好者或者,任何喜欢速度快的东东的人(那基本上就是所有人啦)的热情助燃剂。除了能够使到访者大饱眼福的展出、演示和模拟仿真,真正的明星还是灰机们。它们其中许多仍然可以正常工作。其实,这座博物馆就拥有世界上迄今仍能飞行的两架兰开斯特轰炸机其中之一。光凭着这战机的冲击波,就得来一趟不是。

BATA SHOE MUSEUM(BSM)/贝塔鞋类博物馆(BSM)

Ionly notice my shoes when they can no longer be noticed. Holes, wear, and gunkoften reduces my footwear to glorified toe coverings. But after attending twoout of four BSM’s exhibits (‘All about Shoes:Footwear Through the Ages’ and ‘Beauty, Identity, Pride: Native North AmericanFootwear’), I found my Achilles heel – or notably, my lack thereof, consideringmy worthless shoes.

As the world’s largest collection of shoes, BSM is afashionista’s wonderland. While much of the museum focuses on the cultural,sociological, and historical significant of footwear, the museum showcases slippers worn by Queen Victoria, platform heels from Elton John, and numerousloafers from a variety of athletes and celebrities alike. It’s certainly wortha trip on foot, no less.

我这人嘛,一般只有在自己的鞋子已濒临散架之时,才会真正注意到它们。破洞呀,磨痕呀还有泥垢呀,经常把我的鞋子折磨得直到它们变成光荣退伍的脚趾覆盖物。但是在参与了BSM四次展出之中的两次后(“全部与鞋有关:时间中的鞋子”和“美,认同与自豪:北美原著人鞋展”),我发现了我的阿克琉斯之踵——或者说,从我的一文不值的“裹脚物”看来,很明显我缺些好鞋子

AGA KHAN MUSEUM/阿加汉博物馆

In a post 9/11 world, it’s pivotal to fight the half-baked stereotypes, prejudice,and misconceptions propagated as political truths. Aga Khan Museum, acollection of Islamic art and culture that portrays the intellectualachievements of Muslims throughout history, is such a place of challengingcuriosity and hopeful renewal. Beautiful geometry is coupled with well-curatedartifacts, rich history, and informative guides. The museum’s theme is Din andDunya, which translates to “Spirit and Life”. And at Aga Khan, the question presents itself: how can there be one without the other?

在后9·11·时代里,最关键的是要和被渲染成政治事实的那些半生不熟的陈见、偏见和误解作战。阿加汉博物馆就珍藏了那些刻画历史上穆斯林思想成就的文化艺术珍品,是挑战成见的好奇和带来希冀的革新酝酿之地。在这里,既有美丽的几何图案,保存完好的文物,也有醇厚的历史和饱学的向导。博物馆的主题是“Din and Dunya”翻译过来就是“精神与生命”。在阿加汉,无需多言,那根本问索已自己呈现:没有他者,哪有己我?一生二,二本唯一。

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:【中英阅读】畅游安大略5座博物馆
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找