字体:    回复
[双语时讯]希拉里·克林顿:美国应该有位女总统
86scot(2014/6/20 7:33:15)  点击:53070  回复:0  IP:101.* * *
据英国《每日邮报》6月16日报道,美国前国务卿希拉里?克林顿近日在接受德国一家媒体采访时称就算当不上总统,她也会致力于让美国产生出一位女性领导人。

美国落后于德国、智利和巴西,因为不像这些国家,美国从未产生过一位女总统或女政府领导人,克林顿在采访时称道。

“我们在这方面是落后德国的,”路透社截取了一段克林顿的讲话。

“我当然希望美国尽快有一位女性领袖,并且我会尽我所能来促进这一目标的实现,不过我可不知道那位领袖会不会是我。”

尽管这位前国务卿还没有宣布她是否要参与2016年的总统竞选,不过现在她正忙着推介她的新书《艰难抉择》。

本周一,美国最高法官索尼娅?索托马约尔来到克林顿在弗吉尼亚郊区的签售现场,向克林顿索要了签名并购买了新书。此举让克林顿惊讶不已。这位前第一夫人的新书推介会覆盖了纽约、芝加哥和费城等地。

What a surprise! Hillary Clinton says the US should have a female president

Clinton told a German magazine the U.S. lags behind countries such as Germany, Chile and Brazil because it's never had a woman as head of state or government

'Of course I want the U.S.A. to have a woman leader soon as well and I will do all I can for that to happen, though I don't know yet if it will be me,' she said

Hillary Rodham Clinton has told a German magazine that she will work to make sure the United States is led by a woman — even if it's not her.

Clinton told weekly Stern that the U.S. lags behind countries such as Germany, Chile and Brazil because it's never had a woman as head of state or government.

'We are way behind you in Germany on this,' she said in excerpts obtained by Reuters.

'Of course I want the U.S.A. to have a woman leader soon as well and I will do all I can for that to happen, though I don't know yet if it will be me.'

Though the former secretary of state hasn't yet announced whether she will run for president in 2016, she has been busy promoting her new book, 'Hard Choices.'

Who, me? Hillary Clinton, seen here on June 13, has told a German magazine she will do 'all that she can' to make sure the US is led by a woman

On Monday Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor dropped by Clinton's book signing at a Costco warehouse in suburban Virginia, and surprised the former secretary of state.

Clinton shouted that she couldn't believe it.

Sotomayor told reporters she was 'just shopping' and decided to get a signed copy of Clinton's new book.

The Saturday morning book event attracted more than 1,000 people, including Democratic Rep. John Lewis of Georgia, Costco co-founder Jim Sinegal and a few former Clinton aides and relatives.

The potential 2016 Democratic presidential candidate autographed copies for nearly three hours.The former first lady kicked off her book tour this week, with stops in New York, Chicago and Philadelphia.
 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:[双语时讯]希拉里·克林顿:美国应该有位女总统
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找