用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:[你问我答]:助动词do的各种用法

字体:    回复
[你问我答]:助动词do的各种用法
besky(2013/9/24 10:32:56)  点击:53505  回复:0  IP:180.* * *

The emphatic ‘do’ 加强语气的 'do'
Jennifer: Hello and welcome to Question and Answer of the week. I’m Jennifer, and we’re just waiting for… er…

Helen: I’m here now, sorry I’m late!

Jennifer: <sighing> I do wish you would turn up on time...

Helen: Calm down, I’m here now. I’m Helen, and THIS IS THE PROGRAMME WHERE WE ANSWER YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE  QUESTIONS.

欢迎收听《你问我答》节目,专门解答大家的语法难题。
Now, what were you saying..?

Jennifer: I said, ‘I do wish you would turn up on time, I did send you an email...’

Helen: You’re using the word ‘do’ a lot today...

Jennifer: That’s because this week’s question, which comes from Jin Xia, is about the use of ‘do’: I have a question about the word ‘do’. For instance, at the end of your programs, sometimes, you would probably said, ‘I do hope that we have answered your question today.’ My question is in which situations should we use the word ‘do’ before a verb?

Helen: SO, JIN WANTS TO KNOW WHY WE USE THE WORD ‘DO’ IN SENTENCES LIKE ‘I do hope that we have answered your question  today’?
明白了,Jin 想知道为什么我们在一些句子里会在动词前面用到do 这个单词,比如 ‘I do hope that we have answered your question today’?

Jennifer: The word ‘do’ causes confusion sometimes, so let’s see if we can
clear it up! Helen, when would you normally hear the word ‘do’?

Helen: WELL, OF COURSE YOU USE ‘DO’ PLUS AN INFINITIVE TO FORM QUESTIONS, SUCH AS ‘Do you like music?’ OR ‘Do you come here often?’
通常我们用助动词 do 加动词不定式来做疑问句,比方说 do you like music? Do you come here often?

Jennifer: That’s right,‘do’ plus an infinitive is used to form a question... so I’ll use it right now: do you know of any other ways in which we use
‘do’?

Helen: AS YOU ALL KNOW, WE ALSO USE ‘DO’ TO FORM NEGATIVE SENTENCES IN THE SIMPLE PRESENT.

在一般现在时的否定句里,我们也用助动词 do.
Jennifer: I don’t think so.

Helen: What do you mean? We DO use do like this.

Jennifer: You misunderstand me. “I don’t think so” is an example of using‘do’ to form a negative sentence in the simple present tense.

Helen: Ah, I see... BUT WHAT ABOUT JIN’S QUESTION? (S)HE HEARD US SAY “I do hope we answered your question.” That’s not a negative sentence.  Ah, I see… 那么Jin 的问题怎么办?我们刚才说 I do hope we answered  our question. That's not a negative sentence.

Jennifer: You are right. But we can also use ‘do’ in positive sentences, to show that we feel strongly about something.

Helen: SO THE VERB ‘DO’ ADDS EMPHASIS TO SHOW WE FEEL STRONGLY
ABOUT SOMETHING.

当我们想强调我们对某件事情的看法或者感受的时候,说话的时候可以加上do.

Jennifer: Listen to these examples and try to work out why we use the verb
‘do’:
Examples
I’m always late for things, but I do try to get to work on time.
I do believe her flight gets in at nine.
I did think the programme was brilliant.

Jennifer: In these examples the verb ‘do’ is used to add emphasis to the verb which follows it.

Helen: SO USING ‘DO’ CAN MAKE THE EXPRESSION OR FEELING STRONGER. IT SHOWS THAT WE FEEL STRONGLY ABOUT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.
在动词的前面加上do 能加强体现出我们说话的时候的感觉,而且说话的人在
说到do 的时候会加重语气。

Jennifer: I do believe you’re right! We can use ‘do’ to give extra emphasis to what you are saying and showing certainty.

Helen: And remember, the stress in these sentences is on the word ‘do,’for example “I do want to go on holiday this year.”

Jennifer: Can you think of another way in which we use ‘do’ for emphasis?

Helen: SOMETIMES WE CAN USE ‘DO’ TO CONTRADICT SOMETHING, OR TO SHOW CONTRAST.
有些时候,我们也可以在动词前加上 do 来进行对比,比如,我从来不减肥,但是我注重营养饮食。

Jennifer: Listen to these examples:
Examples
I never go on diets, but I do eat healthily.
He hasn’t received my application, but I did send it on time.
I’m single now, but I do want to get married one day.

Jennifer: So the word ‘do’ helps to show contrast or to contradict something.Do you understand?

Helen: I do! Well, I do hope that we have answered that question for you,Jin Xia. REMEMBER THAT IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, YOU CAN WRITE TO US AT [email protected]

Jennifer: Thanks... I do like chatting to you about English!

Helen: Well, I do hope we can go for a coffee after the programme...

Jennifer: Hmm, I do have to go shopping first... What about this afternoon?
Helen: I do have some spare time after three...

Jennifer: Great! I do like your dress, by the way!

Helen: Thanks! I do try to dress smartly for work...

Jennifer: I do notice these things! ...

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:[你问我答]:助动词do的各种用法
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找