用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:双语阅读:英国女子甩掉3任未婚夫与伴娘结婚

字体:    回复
双语阅读:英国女子甩掉3任未婚夫与伴娘结婚
addor(2012/10/4 23:21:15)  点击:52764  回复:0  IP:113.* * *
    A runaway bride who jilted three men has finally tied the knot with her maid of homour。一个落跑新娘在甩了三个男人后,最终和曾经将成为她的首席伴娘的女人喜结连理。

Kerry De’ath, 29, first ran out on her fiance Craig Smith, 32, just months before they were set to jet to Florida for the dream wedding they spent years saving for.29岁的Kerry De’ath的第一次逃婚,发生在和第一任未婚夫将要坐喷气式飞机去佛罗里达结婚前的几个月。此前,Kerry和32岁的未婚夫Craig Smith为了能够举办这场梦幻婚礼,可是积攒了多年。

The bolting bride then settled down with a second love, Dave Futter, 29, for two and a half years - but left him when he popped the question。接着这位落跑新娘和第二任爱人,29岁的Dave Futter,安定下来共度了两年半,但是又在他提出结婚时离开了他。

Next she started dating Nick Farmer, 29, and the happy couple moved in together, booked their wedding and reception and even sent out all the invitations。随后她又开始和29岁的Nick Farmer约会,这对幸福的情侣搬到一起同居,预定了婚礼和宴会,并送出了所有的婚礼请柬。

But her world was turned upside down when her chief bridesmaid Sarah Woodford, 33, plucked up the courage to confess her love for her - just six weeks before the big day。但是就在离婚礼当天仅有六个星期的时候,她的首席伴娘,33岁的Sarah Woodford 鼓起勇气向她表达了爱意,至此Kerry的世界完全颠覆了。

Incredibly, Kerry suddenly realised why she had never been able to settle down with Mr Right - because she had been looking for Mrs Right。令人难以置信的是,Kerry马上意识到了为什么她一直没能和如意郎君相处到最后:因为自己一直在寻找的是那个对的“她”。

Kerry ditched

Nick, but delayed explaining the real reason - afraid of hurting his feelings. Instead she moved in with her secret admirer and six months later brave Sarah proposed to Kerry, who said yes.Kerry抛弃了Nick,但是因为害怕伤害他的感情而迟迟没有解释真正的原因。她和偷偷倾慕她已久的Sarah住到了一起。六个月后Sarah 勇敢地向Kerry求婚,Kerry答应了。

Relieved friends have now finally seen Kerry make it down the aisle at the couple’s no-expense-spared bash - held at the same venue where she had planned to marry a man。现在朋友们终于可以感到宽慰,他们一起见证了这两位耗资巨大的婚礼,而婚礼的举行地点,正是Kerry原本打算嫁给第三任未婚夫的那间礼堂里。

The happy bride said that finally getting married had been the happiest day of her life. She said: 'I know it sounds like something out of a film, but you can’t help who you fall in love with.'幸福的新娘说,这来之不易的新婚之日是她此生最幸福的日子。她说:“我知道这听起来像是发生在电影里的故事,但是你不能控制和谁坠入爱河。”

'I settled down with men but every time they started talking about marriage something just didn’t feel right and I panicked. ' “我以前和男人相处生活,但是每当他们开始谈及婚姻,我总是感觉不对劲,然后就开始恐慌。”

'When I was making arrangements to marry Nick, Sarah sat me down on her bed and said 'I love you'.I couldn’t believe it. Then she said 'don’t marry him'. ' “当我在准备和Nick的婚礼时,Sarah让我坐在她的床上,她说‘我爱你’。我简直不敢相信。然后她又说‘不要嫁给他。’”

'I had no idea how she felt. But as she said the words I started to feel right.I’d spent all that time worrying about marrying a man - when it was a woman I was looking for. ' “我不知道她是什么感觉。但是当她说了这一席话,我开始感觉对了。我总是在为和一个男人结婚而担心,而我突然明白了:我一直在寻找的应该是个女人。”

'My family have been great and really supportive, which was a relief because they are quite old fashioned so I was really worried. '“我的家人们都很好,他们都很支持我,这对我来说如释重负,因为他们是相当保守的人,我非常担心他们不能接受。”

After three failed attempts the runaway bride finally married on September 15 at Langtons House registry office in Hornchurch, Essex, watched by 140 guests。在三次尝试结婚失败之后,9月15日,这位落跑新娘在140位客人的注视下,在英国艾塞克斯郡霍克奇市的Langtons House登记处结婚了。

Sarah, who was secretly in love with Kerry for two years before finding the courage to tell her, said: 'I never thought I would get the reaction I did. But now I am so glad I stopped the wedding.' 其实在有勇气告白之前,Sarah已经暗恋Kerry两年了,她说:“我从来没想过自己会做出这样的举动,但是我现在是多么庆幸当初阻止了她的婚礼。”

Understanding Dave Futter, the second fiance Kerry jilted, wished her well for married life。遭Kerry抛弃的第二任未婚夫Dave Futter非常善解人意,他祝愿Kerry新婚快乐。

He admitted said: 'I always had an inkling that Kerry liked women. But as long as she is happy, that’s all that matters. They seem really happy together. And we are still friends.'他承认:“我一直感到Kerry有可能喜欢女人。但是只要她幸福,这才是最重要的。他们在一起看上去真的很快乐。而我和她依然是朋友。”

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:双语阅读:英国女子甩掉3任未婚夫与伴娘结婚
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找