用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:双语阅读:Michael Jackson1993格莱美获奖感言

字体:    回复
双语阅读:Michael Jackson1993格莱美获奖感言
ares(2012/10/2 23:33:49)  点击:52748  回复:0  IP:183.* * *
Janet : Before he won 12 Grammy awards, before he dazzled billions of fans around the world with his amazing talent as a performer, before he impacted on millions of lives with his ongoing humanitarian efforts, before all of that, he was one other thing, he was my brother.
珍妮·杰克逊:在他得到12项葛莱美奖之前,在他出色的舞台表演迷倒数以亿计的歌迷之前,在他为了拯救亿万生命而积极不懈地开展人道主义事业之前,在所有这些之前,他有另外一个角色,他,是我的哥哥。

Hi, I'm Janet Jackson, and I'm pleased to be here tonight to honor the man I love and admire as an artist, and a person. My brother, Michael Jackson.
大家好,我是珍妮·杰克逊。我很荣幸今天能在这里给一个人颁奖,他无论是作为一个艺术家,还是作为一个人来说,都是我所爱戴与崇拜的。他就是我的哥哥,迈克尔·杰克逊。

The Grammy Legend award is given for ongoing contributions and influence in the recording field. But nowhere does it tell you what to do to become a legend. If I were to write a book of instructions using my brother as a guide, it would read something like this:
葛莱美传奇奖(The Grammy Legend Award)一般都颁给当前在唱片界继续做出巨大贡献并且具有很大影响力的艺人。但是人们一般都不知道传奇如何诞生。如果我要写一本介绍这方面的书的话,那么我会用我哥哥的事迹作为序言,于是将这样写道:

[Video retrospective of Michael's career is shown, with Janet's narration in voiceover.]
(开始放迈克尔的事业回顾,珍妮的叙述停止)

How to become a legend. Let's start with the present and work our way backwards. Take a big chance with a live ninety-minute prime time interview with Oprah Winfrey......
怎样成为一个传奇?让我们从现在开始往前回顾。首先看一下在黄金时段播出的,由Oprah Winfrey主持的现场访谈。

Oprah : Join me . . . for the world-wide television event of the year.
(画内音)OprahWinfrey:和我一起……来关注本年度最重大的电视盛事(MJ专访)。

Janet: Put on a spectacular Superbowl half-time show before the largest audience in TV history. Use your extraordinary popularity, influence, time, energy, money, and heart to help children heal the world. Create a two and a half hour, standing-room-only concert event from Bucharest, Romania, that gives HBO the highest audience rating in cable history. Release 'Dangerous' and watch it enter the charts at number one and become the world's biggest-selling album of 1992. Record 'Bad' and watch it become the second biggest-selling album ever. Stun the Motown 25th Anniversary audience with a legendary performance that leaves everyone moonstruck. Record 'Thriller' and watch it become the number one largest-selling album of all time. Bring your enormous talent to the creation of new style videos that are really mini-movies with imaginative stories and mind-blowing effects. Capture an armful of eight Grammys, the most ever won in a single year. Tour the world over, making new friends everywhere you go. Break all existing attendance records, while visiting over thirty countries, many of them more than once, and bring the best in contemporary concert entertainment to over ten million loving fans. Create an international anthem with a superstar cast that becomes the top-selling single of all time. Make a serious effort to have four consecutive number one hits before graduating from grade school. It helps to have brothers who are very musical, and it doesn't hurt to have a little sister who loves you very much. But first and foremost, if you are going to be a true legend, try to be born with a lot of talent and the willingness to take the plunge. So, to sum it up...
(画外音)珍妮·杰克逊:你在超级杯开幕式上,面对着电视史上最多的观众,进行了一场绚烂壮丽的半场表演;用你超凡的声望、影响、时间、精力、金钱和爱心去帮助世界上所有的儿童,来拯救这世界;用二个半小时的时间,在罗马尼亚的布加勒斯特开一场露天演唱会,同时为HBO电视台创下了有线电视台史上的最高收视率记录;新发行的《Dangerous》专辑,瞬间便夺下各榜单的冠军位次,并成为了1992年的最畅销专辑;录制的《Bad》,则又是历史上第二最畅销专辑;在摩顿公司25周年纪念晚会上的令人叹为观止的表演使每个人意犹未尽;录制的《Thriller》成为了历史上最畅销的专辑;你用无尽的天赋来创作新形式的音乐录影,这些短篇电影不但有想象丰富的故事情节,还有冲击人们视觉极限的特技;你一举囊括了8个葛莱美奖项,成为单年度获奖最多的艺人;巡游世界,广交朋友;打破了所有现存的上座率记录,足迹遍及三十多个国家,有些国家还不止去过一次,你把当今最好的演唱会奉献给了世界各地千千万万的歌迷;创作了一首国际公益歌曲(“We Are The World”),并邀请很多巨星参与录制,使其成为了销量最佳的单曲;小学毕业以前,你就通过不懈的努力,使四首金曲接连在排行榜上取得第一;有四个有音乐天赋的哥哥对你来说不无裨益,当然有个爱你的小妹妹也不会有坏的影响;但是最重要的是,如果你真想要成为一代传奇,必须有先天的天赋和后天的努力才行。恩,来总结一下……

[Video shows highlights again in reverse order.]
(录影带又把集锦从后往前放了一遍)

Janet: Now I'm very happy to present the Grammy Legend Award for 1993 to my big brother, Michael Jackson.
珍妮·杰克逊:现在,我很荣幸的把1993年度葛莱美当代传奇奖颁发给我的哥哥,迈克尔·杰克逊。

[Michael receives a standing ovation, as he walks on stage. The two hug, as the crowd continues with standing ovation.]
(场内出席典礼的明星及观众全体起立用热烈的掌声欢迎迈克尔。他走到台上,和妹妹拥抱,观众依旧站立鼓掌。)

Janet: Congratulations Michael Jackson. ....No but, I just wanted to say one thing, Seriously, I just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you and how much you've inspired me, and how proud I am to be your sister. And how much I love you, I do.
珍妮·杰克逊:恭喜你,迈克尔·杰克逊……我想在这说两句,非常认真的。我只想告诉你我是多么地以你为荣,你给了我巨大的激励,能作为你的妹妹,我感到太骄傲了。我非常爱你,真的。

Michael's Speech 迈克尔·杰克逊走上舞台演讲:

Michael : I love you too, thank you.....I hope this puts to rest, I hope this finally puts to rest another rumor that has been in the press for too many years: Me and Janet really are two different people.....
迈克尔·杰克逊:我也很爱你,谢谢……我希望这次真的可以消除几年以来被媒体渲染得沸沸扬扬的谣言(指有传言兄妹两人极为不合):我和珍妮真的是两个不同的人。

[Audience laughs.]
(观众大笑)

....In the past month, I've gone from "where is he?" to "Here he is again," but I must confess, it feels good to be thought of as a person, not as a personality. Because I don't read all the things written about me, I wasn't aware that the world thought I was so weird and bizarre. But when you grow up as I did, in front of one hundred million people since the age of five, you're automatically different. The last few weeks, I have been cleansing myself and it's been a rebirth for myself. It's like a cleansing spirit.
在过去的几个月中,有人问“他到哪里去了?”现在人们说“哦,他又回来了。”但我得承认,当我被看作一个普通人而非一个名人的时候,我感觉更加快乐。因为我没有阅读过所有关于我的文章,我也不清楚这个世界原来一直都把我看得如此古怪离奇。但如果你有和我一样的成长经历的话,如果你从5岁起就一直在亿万人的关注下成长的话,你自然就会与众不同。在过去几周里,我净化自己,浴火重生。就像又拥有了一个纯净的灵魂。

[To the screeming crowd]: I love you too.
(对尖叫的观众致意:我爱你们!)

My childhood was completely taken away from me. There was no Christmas, there were no birthdays, it was not a normal childhood, nor the normal pleasures of childhood - those were exchanged for hard work, struggle, and pain , and eventually material and professional success. But as an awful price, I cannot re-create that part of my life. However, today, when I create my music, I feel like an instrument of nature. I wonder what delight nature must feel when we open our hearts and express our God-given talents. The sound . . . of approval rolls across the universe, and the whole world abounds in magic. Wonder fills our hearts, for what we have glimpsed, for an instant, the playfulness of life.
我根本都没有童年。没有圣诞节,没有生日。那不是一个正常的童年,也没有童年可以享受到的任何快乐--取而代之的是辛勤工作、奋斗和痛苦,最终换取了物质和事业上的成功。但是我付出了沉重的代价,因为我再也不能重塑这段人生。然而今天,当我创作我的音乐时,我觉得自己就是上帝的乐器。我在想当我们敞开心扉,尽情挥洒我们的天赋时,那便是怎样的一种喜悦啊!那经上帝审核过的乐曲,在空中飘荡,让整个世界都充溢着神奇。我们也在一瞬之中瞥见了生活乐趣,心中满是奇迹。

And that's why I love children and learn so much from being around them. I realise that many of our world's problems today - from the inner city crime, to large scale wars and terrorism, and our overcrowded prisons - are a result of the fact that children have had their childhood stolen from them. The magic, the wonder, the mystery, and the innocence of a child's heart, are the seeds of creativity that will heal the world. I really believe that.
这就是我爱孩子的原因,从他们身上我也学到了很多。我也意识到了当今世界上存在的很多问题 :从都市犯罪到大规模的战争和恐怖袭击,以及我们过度拥挤的监狱,都是因为那些人有着一个不快乐的童年。孩子心中的魔法、奇迹、神秘和天真是创造力的源泉,这可以拯救世界。我真的这么认为。

What, what we need to learn, what we need to learn from children isn't childish. Being with them connects us to the deeper wisdom of life which is everpresent, and only asks to be lived. They know the solutions that lie waiting to be recognised within our own hearts. Today, I would like to thank all the children of the world, including the sick and deprived . . . I am so sensitive to your pain.
我们需要学习的,我们需要从孩子身上学习的不是那份孩子气。在和他们的交往中,我们学到的是生活的大智和真谛。他们知道解决问题的方法正在自己的心中酝酿。今天,我要感谢世界上所有的儿童,包括那些残疾的和缺乏教育的孩子们,我对你们的痛苦真的感同身受。

I also want to thank all those who have helped me to channel my talent here on earth. From the beginning, my parents, all my brothers and sisters, especially Janet. I am so proud of her, it's incredible. I mean, I remember when we were little, I used to ask her to be Ginger Rogers, while I was Fred Astaire..... The Motown family, my teacher Berry Gordy. Diana Ross, I love you. Suzanne De Pazze. The wonderful, great Quincy Jones. Teddy Riley. My new godson Michael Gibb. My new Sony family, Akio Morita, Mickey Schulhoff, Tommy Motola, Dave Glew, Polly Anthony . . . Thanks for making one of my most creative efforts, the album Dangerous, such an incredible success. I love you all so much. Sandy Gallin, Jim Morey. All the fantastic fans around the world - love you very much.
在此,我要感谢所有帮助我发挥出天赋的人们。首先感谢我的父母,所有的兄弟姐妹,尤其是珍妮。我很为她骄傲,真的太棒了。我的意思是,我还记得我们小的时候,我经常叫她扮作Ginger Rogers,而我扮Fred Astaire……。还要感谢Motown大家庭,我的老师Berry Gordy。Diana Ross,我爱你。Suzanne De Pazze,伟大的Quincy Jones。Teddy Riley。我的教子Michael Gibb。还有我新的Sony公司大家庭--盛田昭夫、Mickey Schulhoff、Tommy Mottola、Dave Glew、Polly Anthony ……谢谢你们与我合作了最富创造性的作品《Dangerous》,真的是太成功了。我非常爱你们!Sandy Gallin、Jim Morey。还有世界上所有伟大的歌迷们,我爱你们!

[Michael receives more cheers from the audiece, as he and Janet leave the stage.]
观众掌声更加热烈,Michael和Janet走下台。

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:双语阅读:Michael Jackson1993格莱美获奖感言
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找