用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:双语阅读:因司机偷瞄行人英国每年酿百万撞车事故

字体:    回复
双语阅读:因司机偷瞄行人英国每年酿百万撞车事故
addor(2012/8/17 22:54:36)  点击:52778  回复:0  IP:183.* * *
     Drivers ogling pedestrians cause nearly one million crashes in Britain every year, new figures have shown.

Figures show distracted motorists cause an average of 2,525 crashes every day - the equivalent of 921,840 per year.

Researchers found drivers crash their cars into lampposts or shunt other vehicles more in the summer when men and women are wearing less clothing.

A study of 2,142 drivers found 60 percent of men admitted being distracted by attractive women while 12 percent of women said they took their eyes off the road to leer at good looking men.

And 21 percent of drivers also admitted that advertising billboards featuring pictures of perfect models were also a major distraction on the road.

Insurance company Direct Line discovered 17 percent of male drivers admitted knowing their actions were dangerous but said they "could not help but look".

Spokesman Matt Owen said: "Stealing a quick look at an attractive pedestrian or billboard model may well be a bit of fun but, on a serious note, drivers shouldn't underestimate that this type of distraction is a major contributing factor in road accidents.

"The number of crashes caused in this way have not changed year on year so drivers obviously are not learning to keep their eyes on the road."

Between 2008 and 2009, 921,840 drivers across Britain admitted crashing because they were distracted by a member of the opposite sex.

Driver Martyn Beard, 32, from Tipton, West Mids., wrote off his Ford Fiesta last July when he ogled a girl outside a pub.

He said: "I was on my way into Birmingham when I saw this lovely looking blonde girl standing on the side of the road. She was outside a pub wearing pretty much next to nothing. I couldn't take my eyes off her, she had the classic long legs and lovely figure.

"My concentration drifted and suddenly I realised I was about to crash into the car in front. I slammed on my brakes and this bloke went into the back of me. It wasn't too bad though and when I told him what had happened he actually saw the funny side of it.

"But I was gutted the girl didn't come and check if I was OK, she just walked off and I was stuck swapping insurance details with this big hairy bloke instead.

最新数据显示,英国每年因司机偷瞄行人而酿成的撞车事故达近百万起。

该数据显示,因行人分神的司机平均每天都会造成2525起撞车事故,相当于一年会发生921840起事故。

调查者发现,司机们通常都会撞到街灯柱或在紧急避开其他车辆时撞上,在夏天人们穿着较少时,此类事故更加频发。

一项针对2142名司机的研究发现,60%的男性司机承认会被漂亮女性吸引目光,而12%的女性司机则表示她们的眼睛会离开路面向帅哥抛媚眼。

还有21%的司机承认,有完美模特照片的广告牌也是路上的主要干扰之一。

直线保险公司发现,17%的男性司机承认他们知道自己的行为很危险,但称“会不自觉地看过去。”

发言人马特·欧文说:“偷瞄漂亮的行人或广告牌模特照可能的确挺有趣,但需要严重说明的是,司机不应该低估此类干扰,它是造成交通事故的主要原因之一。”

“因为这个原因造成的撞车事故每年都是这么多,这说明司机们显然没有学会要时刻注意看路。”

在2008年和2009年间,英国各地有921840名司机承认他们因为看异性分神而发生撞车。

来自西米德兰郡蒂普顿镇的司机马丁?比尔德现年32岁,去年七月的时候他因为偷瞄一个站在酒吧外的女孩,结果报销了他的福特嘉年华。

他说:“我在去伯明翰的路上瞧见了那个可爱的金发女孩,她就站在酒吧外的路边,穿得很少很暴露。我没法不看她,她的双腿美丽修长,身材很漂亮。”

“我的注意力转移了,突然我意识到我就要撞上前面的车了。我猛地踩下刹车,然后后面的家伙就撞上了我的车屁股。情况还不是太坏,当我告诉他是怎么回事时,他看到了这件事有趣的一面,所以也没发火。

“但让我很郁闷的是那个女孩并没有过来看看我是不是还好,她直接走掉了,而我只能留下来和这个浑身是毛的大个子交换保险资料。”

导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:双语阅读:因司机偷瞄行人英国每年酿百万撞车事故
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找