用户名: 密码:    
切换为分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:双语阅读:美国失恋男遍留电话求安慰7万人回应

字体:    回复
双语阅读:美国失恋男遍留电话求安慰7万人回应
ares(2012/7/17 23:51:15)  点击:53023  回复:0  IP:113.* * *
     Breaking up with his girlfriend forced one lonely guy to take drastic action - and he ended up reaching out to thousands of people all over the world.

一位孤独男孩失恋之后作出惊人之举,结果是他结识了全世界几千位陌生人。

When a devastated Jeff Ragsdale, a stand-up comedian and actor from New York, was left 'near suicidal' after breaking up with his girlfriend, he realized he felt like the loneliest man in the world in a city of more than eight million.

纽约的喜剧演员Jeff Ragsdale失恋之余几欲自杀。泱泱纽约,八百万人众,却无一人孤寂能与其比肩。

So Jeff decided to do something drastic - he put fliers up all over New York saying: 'If anyone wants to talk about anything, call me (347) 469-3173. Jeff, one lonely guy.'

因此Jeff决定做件惊人大事:他在纽约的大街小巷张贴传单,表示:“无论你有任何事想要倾诉,请联系(347)469-3173. 我是Jeff,一个孤独的男人。”   

The response he got was overwhelming.

而他收到的回复则是铺天盖地之多。

'Immediately, New Yorkers started calling in overwhelming numbers and after a week it went viral and people from all over the world were calling,' Jeff said.

“很快,许多纽约人给我打了电话,一周后来自世界各地的电话以病毒传播的速度纷至沓来,我应接不暇。” Jeff坦言。

In the first day he got 100 calls and texts. One week later it was up to one thousand. It is now more than 70,000 and the calls and texts are still coming thick and fast even after eight months.People have been calling from all over the world - as far away as Vietnam, England, Saudi Arabia and Japan.

第一天他就收到了100个电话和数不清的短信。一周后这个数字就蹿升到了1000。至今为止他已经收到了超过70000个电话,而短信数目还在不断攀升,即便已经是8个月后的今天,这样的情况还在继续。来自越南、英国、沙特阿拉伯和日本的世界各地的人都给他打来了电话。

Around 40 per cent were people calling from New York, ranging from pimps to prisoners to a Wall Street trader.

给他打电话的人中40%是纽约人,他们有的身处花街柳巷,有的身陷囹圄,当然也不乏华尔街商人的身姿。      

Jeff, 40, said he is still in touch almost daily with about 20 people he 'clicked with'.

现年40岁的的Jeff目前每天仍保持与“随机点中”的20位进行联系。

Many people called him just to say he wasn't alone, others gave him advice, others vented at him, other counseled, he counseled others.

许多人打电话告诉他,他并非孤身一人。有些人给他建议,有些人则向他发泄心中所想,有人给他出谋划策,而他也给对方出谋划策。

So touched was he by the experience he decided to write a book about it. He revealed his favorite calls are when 'a person is completely candid and we help each other out by venting and listening'.

心有所感的他决定写下这段经历的点点滴滴。他谈到了他最在意的一个电话,对方毫无保留,畅谈心事,他们互相倾诉聆听,帮助对方也帮助了自己。

'One of my favorites was a call by this disabled mother in the U.S,' he said.

“有一个电话我记忆犹新,那是来自美国的残疾母亲。”他这么说。

'In 45 minutes she passed on a lifetime of wisdom. She taught me that I’m never going to be happy until I love myself. ’

“短短的45分钟,她畅谈了人生感悟,带给我的是生命的智慧。她教会了我只有爱自己才能感到幸福。”

'I have not liked myself in the past. For me this was revolutionary, trying to start to like myself. Happiness, she said, must to come from inside.’

“以前我从不爱惜自己。因此,她的话让我的思想发生了翻天覆地的改变。试着去爱自己,她对我说那就是来自我们内心深处的幸福。”

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:双语阅读:美国失恋男遍留电话求安慰7万人回应
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找