用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:英语学习:I Think I Can:怎样将自己推向成功

字体:    回复
英语学习:I Think I Can:怎样将自己推向成功
86scot(2012/4/15 3:50:18)  点击:52766  回复:0  IP:31.* * *
A couple of years ago, the Boston Marathon promoted its event with a series of inspiring billboards. All of them were black and white images of a runner, with a quote that expressed their reason for running. Some billboards were of fully mobile individuals and others were of those who were disabled but were determined to cross the finish line, either through a family member's or friend's assistance, or through the use of a prosthetic device. Each had different quotes, but one in particular really stood out: the runner's response was simple: "Because I can."
几年前,波士顿马拉松使用了一系列的激励广告来推广它的赛事。他们都是一些白人和黑人的跑步者的形象,都有一句阐述他们跑步原因的引述。其中有些广告是满满移动的个体,而有些却是那些虽然残疾但是下定了决心要冲刺终点线的跑者,他们或者靠家庭成员的帮忙,或是靠朋友的帮助,甚至通过使用假体的装置来实现目标。每个人都有不同的引述,然而有一条引述却特别的引人注目:这个跑步者的语言很简单:"因为我能行。"

As kids, the "Little Engine that could" told us a valuable tale of an extraordinary spirit, of perseverance, of determination, of believing in ourselves. As adults, we don't always have tales to teach us these valuable lessons. And, as a result we start making excuses. We stop learning. We stop trying.
在幼年的时候,那个"小小引擎能够做到的"故事给我们讲述了一个具有不屈不绕的、决心坚定的、相信自己的非凡精神的宝贵童话。到了成年时,我们不会总是有童话来教导自己这些宝贵的课程。因此,结果就是,我们开始制造各种借口,我们停止了学习,我们停止了尝试。

"Because I can" eliminates these excuses. It pushes us past the status quo and our comfort zones. It gives us a reason to do the things that we think we can't. And, it enables us to believe in ourselves.
"因为我能行"可以消除这些借口,它能推我们越过现状和舒服区域,并给我们一个理由去做我们认为自己不能做的事情。而且,它能够使我们开始相信自己。

Practicing "can" thinking is important to keeping us young, to having a positive outlook, to staying motivated and to reaching our goals. Further, it can help us lead richer and fuller lives that are more rewarding. The fact that you have the ability to do something empowers you to do it, whatever the task might be.
不断实践"能行"的思考对保持年轻很重要,对拥有一个积极的观点、使自己处于被激励的状态而最终达到我们的目标都很重要。进一步来讲,它能帮助我们走向更丰富、更饱满并获得更多回馈的生活道路。不论任务是什么,事实就是你有能力做些什么来准许你自己去做些什么。

How can you use the power of "Because I can"? Here are a few ways to incorporate this positive thinking into various aspects of your own life:
那么怎样运用"因为我能行"的力量呢?下面有几种将这种积极思考融入你生活的各个方面的方法:

Be More Active
更加的积极

Whether it is to get to the store or work, or if it is climbing the stairs instead of taking the elevator, embracing a "Because I can" attitude is an easy way to incorporate more activity into your life. Break the "I'm tired" or "It is too hard" or "It is too far" cycle. Increasing your activity level will provide enormous benefits, both physically and mentally.
无论是去商店或去工作,还是用爬楼梯取代坐电梯,拥有一个"因为我能行"的态度是将更多行动性纳入你的生活的简便方法。打破"我累了"、"太难了"、或"太远了"的消极怪圈。提高你的行动水平会给你的身体和心理都带来巨大的好处。

Try Something New
尝试新事物

It is easy for us to make excuses for why we shouldn't try new things. Maybe you think it is out of your comfort zone. Maybe it seems too difficult. Or maybe, it is just inconvenient. Reminding yourself that "You Can" try something new will help you to move past these roadblocks and discover new things about yourself and possible new interests.
我们往往很容易找到借口说为什么我们不应该去尝试新事物。或许尝试新事物让你感到不在舒服的区域内,或许它似乎太难了,更或许它只是不太方便而已。提醒自己"你能"尝试新东西会帮助你跨过这些拦路石,并且发现你自身的新东西和可能的新的兴趣。

Reach for the Stars
追求梦想

No matter how old you are, setting new goals and continually dreaming makes life more interesting and rewarding. Whether it is professionally or personally, find new ways to stretch yourself, to learn and to grow. Pushing yourself to be the best you can be will give you a sense of accomplishment. Further, you'll never feel bored.
不管你有多大的年纪,设置新的目标并不断地梦想未来可以使生活变得更有趣和更有益。不论是从职业的角度还是个人的角度,找到新方法来延伸自己,不断学习和成长。推动自己成为你能做到的最好的你将带给你成就感。而且,你永远不会感到生活枯燥。

Speak Up
大声讲出来

Often, we can become complacent in our lives, going through a routine and not addressing things that bother us or make us unhappy. You have a voice. Use that voice "because you can." Communicating to loved ones, co-workers, and even your boss as to how you feel, what your needs and expectations are and what you are thinking can help you develop deeper, more meaningful and rewarding relationships. Further, you will be truer to yourself, inevitably making you a happier individual.
我们常常在生活中变得自满,循规蹈矩,不去对付烦扰和让我们不高兴的事情。不要忘了你拥有一种声音,不要忘了运用"因为你能行"的声音。同你爱的人、同事、甚至你的老板交流你是如何感觉的,说出你的需要和期望是什么,以及你是怎么想的能够帮助你发展更深的、更有意义的和更有益的关系。而且,你会更真实地面对自己,顺其自然地使自己成为一个更快乐的个体。

Go the Extra Mile
多运动

No, you don't have to be a marathon runner to incorporate this slogan into your exercise routine. But, when you are at the end of your thirty minute aerobic workout, try going an extra ten minutes "Because you can." You'll empower yourself to push beyond the status quo. Additionally, you will strengthen your heart and burn off the cheesecake from the night before.
当然,你不必象一个马拉松运动员那样将这个口号纳入你的日常锻炼行程。但是,当你在30分钟有氧健身快结束时,试着尝试多运动10分钟——"因为你能行"。你要准许自己推动自己超越现状。同时,这样做你也能够强壮你的心脏并燃烧掉前一晚上吃的奶酪蛋糕的热量。

Increase Your Willpower
磨练意志力

Saying "No" to our favorite indulgences can be challenging. However, developing a strong willpower, whether it is in response to our favorite chocolate cake or to over-shopping and spending past our means is something that we can all benefit from. Next time you are tempted to do something you think you might regret, try reminding yourself that you can say no. You have the power.
面对自己喜爱的嗜好说"不"是非常挑战的事情,然而,不论是通过拒绝我们心爱的巧克力蛋糕还是停止过度购物和花费超过自身的经济能力来发展一种坚强的意志力是我们能够广为受益的事情。下一次在你试图想做你认为可能会后悔的事情时,请试着提醒自己你能够说不,因为你有这个意志力。

The human spirit can be very fragile, but incorporating positive thinking, such as "because I can," while, eliminating "because I can't" from your thought processes, can be very powerful.
人的精神可以是非常脆弱的,但是只要纳入积极的思考,就象"因为我能行",就能够从你的思维过程中消除"因为我不行"的想法,从而使自己变得非常强大。
 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:英语学习:I Think I Can:怎样将自己推向成功
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找