用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 主题:BBC英语小知识:Stuffed/ Stuff 两个单词的用法

字体:    回复
BBC英语小知识:Stuffed/ Stuff 两个单词的用法
bric(2012/1/24 7:05:41)  点击:52810  回复:0  IP:86.* * *
Li: Neil, can we get this programme done now? I need to get some stuff for my Sunday roast dinner.

Neil: I am stuffed, totally (burp), sorry, stuffed!

Li: Well, since today's words are stuff and stuffed, I think you will be just perfect to explain them.

Neil: Oh that's easy. I knew I was going to a launch party this lunch time, so I skipped breakfast.

Li: Neil 说为了去中午的自助餐,他的早饭没吃。That's not good.

Neil: Anyway, I got there and a lovely buffet was set up. The stuff on offer looked great.

Li: Stuff? You mean the food?

Neil: Yes. The word 'stuff' can mean literally anything. It almost has the same meaning as 'things'.

Li: Stuff 可以用来泛指任何东西。Let's hear these people:

Examples

We need to clear the lockers. Can you get all your stuff out by 7pm tonight.

The amount of stuff she's got in her bathroom is unbelievable. She's got enough to open a beauty shop.

Woman: What's that stuff on your jacket?

Man: Er, it's pigeon dropping. Yuck.

Li: 刚才的对话中我们听到英国人在不同的情况下都可以使用 stuff 这个词。People say it all the time. 我的什么东西,你的什么东西,他的什么东西。All referring to things.

Neil: Yes. You can also use it as a verb. To stuff something. Like, I ate a lot this lunchtime. I stuffed myself with food.

Li: 吃瞠了就是 stuffed, completely full?

Neil: Yes, I am completely stuffed, I can barely move.

Li: What about stuffed toys? 那些软塞绒毛玩具 I see them a lot in toyshops. Look at you now; you look just like one of them.

Neil: I can't stand them. They are stuffed full of wool or cotton or something. They are for girls. I much prefer proper wooden toys.

Li: 不喜欢软的,难道你喜欢木头做的枕头吗?Maybe you'd prefer a wooden pillow too?

Neil: Are you joking! I've got to have a nice and soft pillow. But I must make sure it has the right stuffing in it.

Li: Stuffing 就是塞到枕头里的材料。What's the right stuffing?

Neil: Anything but feather or duck down.

Li: Why?

Neil: Allergies.

Li: Neil 说他对鸭绒过敏。

Neil: I can't stand anything stuffed with feathers.

Li: I think we've talked long enough about stuff you eat for lunch, stuff that you liked and stuff that gives you allergies.

Neil: Oh yes, it's time for you to get your stuff ready for Sunday Roast.

Li: Of course. Join us next time. Bye bye!
 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【学习交流】→ 回复:BBC英语小知识:Stuffed/ Stuff 两个单词的用法
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:×

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找